The week of October 14-18, 2019 has been proclaimed as Illinois association for Home and Community Education Week in Illinois, in commendation of IAHCE members for their dedication and commitment to the welfare of local communities throughout our state.
The purpose of IAHCE is to empower individuals and families to improve their quality of living through continuing education, leadership development and community service.
IAHCE is a voluntary, nonprofit organization functioning in cooperation with the University of Illinois Extension. It was founded in January 1924 as Illinois Home Bureau Federation. The Illinois Home Bureau (Farm Bureau) Federation became the Illinois Homemakers Extension Federation in 1962. Then in 1993 the name was changed to Illinois Association for Family and Community Education.
The hope of the Illinois Association for Home and Community Education is to strengthen families and communities through:
Research-based education from the University of Illinois Extension.
New experiences and service….
· Acquire great tips and smart solutions for your home, health and family
· Experience personal growth and develop your leadership, decision making and people skills
· Inspire others through educational and social programs
· Share your experiences and information
· Enjoy fun-filled activities, educational trips and events that foster new friendships and increase knowledge of our community and state
· Grow as a community volunteer and leader
· Collaborate with other organizations on common goals to make a difference in today’s world
· Learn important facts about community, state and global environmental issues
· Discover ways to support and influence home and community life
· Learn how to make programs sparkle
· Support the organization through involvement in decisions, service projects, education and leadership
For more information on Bureau County HCE, contact the University of Illinois Extension office at 815-875-2878.